Got Hot Flashes?
The following are the most common signs and symptoms of hot flashes:
• Sudden, intense feelings of heat in the face, neck, arms, torso, and sometimes the whole body.
• Rapid or irregular heartbeat and pulse, including heart palpitations.
• Flushing, or reddened face and neck, particularly in lighter skinned women.
• Perspiration ranging from mild to profuse.
• Cold chills often follow hot flashes, though sometimes women only experience the chill.
• Sleep disturbances are characteristic of hot flashes that occur at night, also known as night sweats.Estrogen levels are often lowest at night, which is why women often experience nocturnal hot flashes.
• Other Symptoms: Nausea, Dizziness, Anxiety and Headaches.
Causes of Hot Flashes
The most common cause of hot flashes in menopausal women is changing levels of estrogen in the body. Diminished amounts of estrogen have a direct effect on the hypothalamus, the part of the brain responsible for controlling appetite, sex hormones, sleep, and body temperature.
This lowered estrogen is caused in part by the overstressed state of the adrenal glands. The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of estrogen and progesterone, among other hormones. When the adrenal glands are stressed their production of estrogen and progesterone are lessened and the body feels the effect of these reduced hormone levels.
Lowered levels of estrogen confuse the hypothalamus, causing it to inappropriately sense that the body is overheating. This provokes an internal chain of reactions that women experience as "hot flashes".
Making minor daily changes and avoiding triggers can make a huge difference for many menopausal women who are trying to manage hot flashes. While these measures often help to reduce the frequency and intensity of hot flashes, they are unable to treat the root of the problem, which is a hormonal imbalance.
The properties in Balancing Blend are perfect for helping to restore the proper communication between the pituitary and the adrenal glands. In addition the drops allow the body to regain a balanced circadian rhythm which resets the sleep cycle. When the body receives more restorative sleep, the adrenal glands are able to recuperate and recover from the previous day's stress.
This recovery time is essential so that the adrenals are capable of producing proper levels of estrogen and progesterone. So, hot flashes are really about the adrenal glands and an overstressed system. Balancing Blend can assist the user in achieving better sleep patterns and more enhanced communication between the pituitary and adrenal glands. This communication allows the body to produce cortisol early in the morning instead of in the middle of the day under duress. If cortisol can be produced in the morning hours, the body is able to deal with stress throughout the day with greater ease and stability. This leaves the adrenals in a supported state to be able to produce the needed estrogen and progesterone to balance hormonal levels, thus, lessening or eliminating hot flashes!!
Our Balancing Blend with convenient Spray Top!
Easy to carry in pocket or purse.
2 to 4 sprays under the tongue can greatly reduce the length of hot flashes and continued use could possibly eliminate them altogether, given the body is supported in other ways ~ see below.
Of course, if the adrenal glands have been in place of stress response for an extended period of time, nutritional supplementation may be required. Recovery of the adrenal glands is simple. However, if the adrenals have been running on low reserves for a considerable length of time, recovery can take longer. In addition to taking the Balancing Blend drops each day:
- B-Complex Vitamin EVERYDAY
- Mineral supplement EVERYDAY
- Ample water intake EVERYDAY
- Good Multi-Vitamin EVERYDAY
- Rest and relaxation EVERYDAY
Given time and a bit of pampering, the adrenals will recover!